My favorite holiday of the year is Christmas. I love almost everything about it, but providing gifts for all your friends and family can be almost impossible if you have a family as large as mine! I simply cannot afford it, so i make most of the gifts i give at Christmas time. Something i make every year is a tube sock snowman. They are easy and inexpensive to make and the kids will have a lot of fun decorating them.Supplies…
- 2 clean tube socks (preferably new)
- dry beans or rice (filler)
- rubber bands
- hot glue gun
- decorating items (your choice)
- If you double up the socks it will allow you to stretch and form the shape of the snowman easier and it also makes a better looking cap. Plain white “tube” socks and lima beans are what we used in this project.
Once you have 3 sections tied off with rubber bands, you will need to hot glue the sections together and let it dry for awhile. Once the glue is dry the top part of the sock can be pulled down to create the stocking cap for the snowman. This is a perfect time to get your decorations ready.Decorate your tube sock snowman.
- scrap cloth
- wooden dowels (painted orange for a nose)
- assorted beads (eyes and mouth)
- twigs (to make arms)
- pom pom ball (for the hat)
- beads or buttons (for coat)
- ribbon (because its pretty!)
Make sure to position the hat off the face and add a little dab of glue to hold it in place. Decorate your snowman using the hot glue sparingly. You can make a miniature scarf with a little cloth, fringe the ends with some scissors and and its good to go. Just use your imagination on the face. If you dont have time to make a nose or pipe out of wood, you could use beads or buttons. The possibilities are endless.